Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,340 Posts
Arlington heights road south of Landmier the next enternce to the forest preserve. Follow the road a bit past the first parking spot to the last left turn. Park and walk about 1/2 mile down the trail. Over the bridge(falls)
trail comes to another trail take a left and walk down to the discharge
..it's on your left. Put night crawler on hook and swim it right in the face of the big bass and pray he takes it :lol:

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Mike is right about the nightcrawlers. Minnows work too, but they tend to catch smaller fish and crappies. If you wanna catch the bigger bass use whole nightcrawlers on a small hook with light line (I use 4# fluorocarbon). The trick is to sight fish with polarized glasses so you can keep the panfish from attacking your worm.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
The water temperature was 53 degrees when we were there last week and the air temperature was about 10-15 degrees. The water is crystal clear and live bait seems to be your best bet for bass. The panfish will take artificials, but the bass want the real thing.

·
Administrator
5,364 Posts
Hey Matt... First of all, welcome to the site!

The water temps this time of year are probably in the 40's at the discharge. As for artificials, forget it. This is a finesse spot and all that lures do is piss off other fishermen. Go with live bait and light presentation and you'll have a good time.

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I used Artificials And Did ok, But could have done way better. You can use "Nothing over 31/2" Plastics, they sell Finesse Plastcis tubes,worms etc. Youwont have a problem ctahcing them. Just determine the more aggressive ones from the others (which should be really easy there) and go and catch them. Also you have a way better chance of catching him on Plastics if You cast a Few feet ahead of him.

But I recomend Worm/Minnows For your first time. until you get firmiliar with everyhting.

George

:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.