Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading out tomorrow morning. Stopping by Lee's at 9 and heading over to the discharge. Who's comin??

and possibly in the afternoon head over to nsc.

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Well, just talked to Augy, he finally caught that northern pike at the Busse warm water discharge. He says is was 27-30". He'll post the rest of the details.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
That's awesome! I can't wait to hear the details and see the pictures. 8)

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Not only does Augy not have internet access at home, he is in no hurry to get to the office and post pics because he DID NOT BRING A CAMERA!

·
Administrator
5,357 Posts
Did I say something about a pike? I can't remember now. :shock:

Isn't it funny how people always "catch" the big one when no one is around? :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lmao! i thought for sure i was demoted to minnow.

yes, i'm the biggest frickin idiot to come out of wcf. i bought a new razr phone to avoid this from happening again. :oops: :cry: :x

anyway....

i caught him on the usual wwd arsenal...ultra light rig w/ 4lb line, x-large fathead on a #8 octopus hook. i had him take my minnow twice. first time he just sliced the line like nothing. second time around hooked him right on the outside edge of his big ass lips. you couldn't ask for a better spot to hook him.

i thought it was a small bass at first but as soon as i saw this torpedo i nearly crapped my pants. i started blurting out....ubba ubba PIKE...ummm PIKE....NORTHERNORTHERNORTHERN!! i needed help landing this guy and saw a guy with a net and asked if i could borrow it but he didn't budge. help did arrive. a cool dude named Paul that I had met last year at the wwd jumped right into the water with his waders. the pike made several runs with screeeaaming drag. i'm surprised my line didn't snap. just goes to show, with right drag setting, you can catch anything. after several runs the toothy beast was tired and Paul scooped him right up.

Paul held him up as i tried to unhook him. he thrashed around and his teeth frickin cut my finger like a razor blade.

only proof i have is a cutup finger and a bloody towel. Paul said he'd vouch for me but he's not a big internet guy. i sure hope you find your way over here Paul and back up my story. Thanks for your help regardless.

I may have to go after him again this coming weekend just to take that pic. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Nice Job Augy, we believe you, but bring ur camera next time damnit! LOL!

I have this weekend free anyone going there, Saturday or Sunday?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts