Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished the WWD today from 11:00-3:00. I caught 7 bass and a crap load of gills. My biggest bass was just shy of 15". (14.75)

All of the other fish I caught were in the 10-13" range. This is the first time I didn't catch any real tiny bass. It was also the first time I used only crawlers. I wonder if there is a correlation . . . . . The bass below was about the average size for the day.

As for the conditions; the water level was really low, and it was pretty windy the entire time. The wind made it difficult to spot fish and resulted in a bunch of the gills I caught. There seems to be twice the amount of gills as there was during the last tournament. However, I saw a lot of HUGE bass hanging out on the edge of the rockline near the discharge.

Good luck in the Tourney tomorrow guys I hope the report helped!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Nice Fish ,Good Luck to everyone fishing tomorrow I'll look forward to reading the reports. Hope to see some of you guys at the Tinley show I'll be in the booth with JD and TJP stop by and say Hello.

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
nice bass...We will be giving it a go in the AM.....can you say hand warmers, feet warmers...I'll have one in every pocket :wink:
but hey it's +8 we are good to go ....(thinking of deep lake 80 bright sun)
ok were are my boots..time to fish winter bass :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.