Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend Steve and I went out to some private ponds Saturday to do some fishing. We didn't get on the water until about 3:00pm right after some rains had come through the area. While unloading the gear we noticed a mixture of carp and bass jumping. Once on the water I managed to land a 3lber on my first cast with a white/red spinnerbait, man did that feel good. The fishing shut down for the next hour or so with the exception of Steve snagging a massive carp in the tail with a rattletrap. This was a blast to watch, he fought it for a good 20 mins before raising it enough for me to net. heres the kicker, he caught the thing on a lightweight rod and reel with 8lb test and only 1 hook on the treble stuck in its tail, thats awesome. Pics don't do the fish justice and If anyone could tell me what breed of carp this was I would appreciate it.

Here are the links to the first bass and carp photos. They were taken on a cameraphone so they are small. My friends kayak pics are also in there along with his business card if anyone needs computer work done :wink:

http://s517.photobucket.com/albums/u337/shnoops/

Right after the carp was caught it starting raining again. We split up to cover more area and I managed to catch another good bass off the side of an island. He put up a great fight and was about 17+ inches. It felt great to get out on some quality water with the place to ourselves and catch some good fish. Even the gentle rain was very relaxing. Heres the pic of the the "rainbass" he was caught on a t2 spinnerbait in pink.

·
Registered
953 Posts
It's hard to tell because the photo is so small, but it looks like that could be an asian silver carp. :?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was definately silver so you may be right Clancy, thanks for the info! The fish was actually pretty good looking, unlike many ugly ass carp. The thing is it had larger scales and It's eye was positioned a little higher up so I'm not sure. Possibly a crossbreed?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Simply put that is just awesome.

Great report and haul man!

Keep 'em coming.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Its hard to believe thats it could be an asain. Pic is too small. You said you were fishing a private pond, is there any streams that it may flood into around? Nice green carp that sure is a hog!! Nice Fishin.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nsselle said:
Its hard to believe thats it could be an asain. Pic is too small. You said you were fishing a private pond, is there any streams that it may flood into around? Nice green carp that sure is a hog!! Nice Fishin.
Yea there is a stream that runs adjecent to them and there are a few underground pipes connecting the ponds to them. Thanks for all the comments guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.