Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy I'm back from my Hibernation...but just in time for it to snow again. Have a small report but no pics.

I saw that it was going to be nice out yesterday so before I left home for work I grab some gear and thought I might stop and wet a line at my honey hole. The pond still had 70% Ice on it but the ice had receded past the first drop off so what the hell. Broke open a fresh bag of dingers and started fishing. Made about 2 dozen cast and landed the first fish of the year 14" Crappie. WOW was I pumped. Continued down the bank and stop along a sunny wind blow shore and made a couple of more cast. "Fish on" at first it didn't fight much at all until I put a little pressure on it then it knew "he had been hooked and he was owned" It was peeling drag and I didn't know what I had. The I saw it a monster LMB 18" and fat. I felt like screaming. It was a great start of the fishing year. Sorry for no pics I didn't even think it would happen.

·
Super Moderator
6,234 Posts
I had the lucky opportunity to be on the phone with Yami when he hooked both fish. I can verify that he was PUMPED. Without giving away Yami's honeyhole, let me just say that it is a public park that sees a fair amount of pressure. The fact that he caught fish there under what seemed to me like impossible conditions amazes me. Way to go brotha!!! :lol:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Way to go Yami! It must feel good to hook into some bass on the Open Water. Sounds like a Blast!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guy. Went out Saturday and landed a nice 14". It seems like the honey hole is getting ready to explode. Once that water warms up a bit it will be on fire. 50' on tuesday might be a good day to land a few more. Let you know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.