Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Your covid positive experience

3K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Lip_Yanker 
Hope your feeling better soon. Myself along with several others at work got really sick in January 2020, but never figured out if it was Covid or not. We have had another Covid round go through work the last few weeks with several fully vaccinated employees falling ill. It seems IL is in an upswing again. I don't see the masks coming off anytime soon in these parts. The good news is Fauci told me I could spend time with my family over the holidays, but the bad news is I might have to sell a kidney to afford the gas to get there.

Since my last post we have had several more positive cases at work. I'm not sure of the vaccination statuses for those people. What has been popping across my feed lately is the push to get the very young children vaccinated.

It seems to me the original shots were either not very effective, or their shelf life of protection has expired. Either way, we seem to be stuck going nowhere. I read an article yesterday where an IDPH official said the state would consider lifting the mask mandate when the cases fell under 200 a day. That is not going to happen for the foreseeable future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.