Chicago Fishing Forum banner

Your covid positive experience

3K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Lip_Yanker 
#1 ·
I was officially tested as positive on Monday, don't bother with the rapid test it gave a false negative. Saturday they also gave me chest x-ray which is fine, blood work and tests for Lyme. Blood work shows I'm fighting something but no tick infections.

I really started getting sick early last week with just sneezing and by Wednesday the fevers, aches, sprints to the bathroom, headaches, dizziness, zero interest in eating or drinking. Mostly low grade fevers, going as high as 102. These sensations come and go throughout the day over the past few days. I'm having chicken soup at the moment and overall feel like crap.

I'm 54, overweight but I don't have diabetes for now. Not a boozer, smoker, druggie and I like a hours of sleep.

I got J&J vaccine in March 2021 and was planning on getting a booster.

Work wants me to work from home until 11/29 or use my sick and vacation days. Fuck them I'll log in when I'm feeling up to it. I don't feel burning a hole in my liver popping Advil all day for days on end. But I will embrace someone with an opiod connection right about now. Lol

Never said I was a though person but I have never felt more miserable.

Monitoring my oxygen levels with a finger guage (avg of 94, high of 97, 90 one evening). Taking multivitamin, zinc, vitamin c and selenium (Brazil nuts) within approved levels for whatever its worth.

Hours and hours of rest in bed. I'm getting bored to death and my smartphone and TV have little interest.

I'm I know i'm a big pussy but has anyone else got their butt kicked by covid? I've never felt this miserable.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
One funny moment. I've been texting people a lot more. I was texting a young guy about the online dating world from years ago (rated g) and accidentally texted my gf instead of him. Yeah I had to sent a screen shot to her about the innocent context of my conversation with him. Hopefully I don't become a cold case file. But she seams to take it in stride with humor.

#3 ·
Hope your feeling better soon. Myself along with several others at work got really sick in January 2020, but never figured out if it was Covid or not. We have had another Covid round go through work the last few weeks with several fully vaccinated employees falling ill. It seems IL is in an upswing again. I don't see the masks coming off anytime soon in these parts. The good news is Fauci told me I could spend time with my family over the holidays, but the bad news is I might have to sell a kidney to afford the gas to get there.

#7 ·
Similar to Matt, I and a few co workers were sick at the end of January/ beginning of February last year. Never found out if it was or not, but we all had the same symptoms. A couple of us had congestion that lasted for several months after the initial fever, loss of appetite/smell etc. My Dr. gave me antibiotics as they diagnosed it as a sinus infection... the meds did nothing for me.

FWIW- I personally know of 5 people who've now tested positive for the wuhan flu after they've been indoctrinated, I mean vaccinated. One has even had the booster. So now what do we do?

#8 ·
Since my last post we have had several more positive cases at work. I'm not sure of the vaccination statuses for those people. What has been popping across my feed lately is the push to get the very young children vaccinated.

It seems to me the original shots were either not very effective, or their shelf life of protection has expired. Either way, we seem to be stuck going nowhere. I read an article yesterday where an IDPH official said the state would consider lifting the mask mandate when the cases fell under 200 a day. That is not going to happen for the foreseeable future.

#9 ·
I think this is going to be with us forever like HIV and drug therapies will manage it. It's a mutating virus.

I'll likely continue to get a booster as I still believe I have to rely on work from the medical community, peer review and science-based methodologies.

Now I'm being a mean xenophobic but the practices humans in some parts of the world living in close proximity to live game has shown crossover issues and with bushmeat practices.
With China being a huge country why would you have a virus lab in a major city vs. the Gobi desert? They'll never come clean about the origin.

Anyway I like to throw in links now and then that you might not find on fb or Joe Rogan Bushmeat and Emerging Infectious Diseases: Lessons from Africa.

That being said I don't think our elected officials know what's going on but are always looking for political cover.

#10 ·
About a month ago my wife’s aunt caught COVID and gave it to her parents. The aunt was not vaccinated and died. Her parents had just gotten the booster a few days before becoming symptomatic and got the monoclonal antibody therapy right after testing positive. Her mom had just very mild symptoms for a day and her dad was asymptomatic. The aunt was actually a lot younger and in better health than her parents.

Right now on Michigan getting the monoclonal therapy would be very hard, it is in short supply. I think the new pills coming out from Pfizer will be a game changer for this thing.

#13 ·
Lost 10+ pounds due to lack of appetite. Aside from that it was pain on a level 3 of 10 with related covid related symptoms.

My new Dollar General store in my town of 2,000 told me yesterday that they don't want me in their store because I revealed to them that I covid positive, until I'm well or they have me 'arrested' if I don't comply. FULL DISCLOSURE: I was in their store twice before since I tested positive (and told them) prior to last night BUT I was wearing a mask, minimized contact points and held milk and food item for them to scan. Not a yelling match that took place, I understand she's protecting her staff, customers but she eventually mentioned she could have me arrested (I don't believe I was causing a disturbance, no other customers in store or in line). That wording of hers I guess punk side going a little? I asked her (Dr Fauci) what makes you feel comfortable if I return in 2 weeks a month and she said when I'm well and I went into RonG mode a little and I talked about contacting LE in my county and state to see I was violating laws. I'm in a convience store getting food. I have pictures today of the store front with NO signs indicating indicating store policies in covid. I imagine I might draw flack from some here as perhaps my ego got involved and behavior a covid positive person could be better. This was a two minute at most exchange in total with normal speaking voices.

Next steps are to write dollar general corporate and suggest they educate store managers about their policy, STORE signs and how to deal with a customers. I'm not going to identify names of employees as they weren't snarky. No plans to goto fb as I think it's about one cranky old customer and dollar general employees who feel this was the best way to handle me. Prior to disclosing I had covid all staff were polite to me. They were worried about cleaning all my touch points.

So how far in the wrong am I, how could have I handled it better, how can I get basic food items? I AVOIDED Walmart, other stores. Basically I went to a gas station and to dollar general and avoid large crowds and told people I was sick.

Yes Ron I'm a spendthrift going to dollar stores.

Sorry for my typical grammar errors, spelling errors and run-on sentences. I'm tired, have bad eyes and she's and been on the road since 630am. I'm like both mayor's named Daley as was said about them could be said about me, you didn't understand what I said but you know what I meant.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

#17 ·
Ya, 3 jabs makes you a winner. I heard this morning the first "breakthrough" case of omicron persei 8 variant in the states was in a vaxed person. But hey, I keep hearing this is a pandemic of the un-vaxed.

Good new is at least, he's got mild symptoms.

#26 ·

or: covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status
For what it’s worth.

I am more interested in same data for people with natural immunity, but somehow we are the only country that does not track that data. I guess it’s not in Pfizer’s interest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.