Chicago Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
6`6" I usually fish in small rowboats and anything longer would just get in the way of whoever I`m fishing with. Might even be dangerous for the guy behind or in front of me lol.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Anything that its into the trunk of the car and doesn't break. I have 6 ft bill dance rod that takes a beating but keeps on ticking.

I bought a real nice shiman UL a few months ago that was two peice a few short weeks and now its a 4 piece. It just keeps on breaking for no appearant reason.

The shakespher Kwik stick from 1979 still looks new.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
All 6' here. I drive a pickup and that is the max length that fits inside the cab without touching me while i drive, as well as fitting diagonal in the bed without sticking over the side. I am thinking about a 6'6" i saw recently and liked, but it would have to be flexed a bunch to travel inside. :? As far as im concerned, i have used longer rods, but didnt see any huge advantage to the extra 6 or 12 inches, and 2 piece baitcasting rods suck!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Culprit said:
6`6" I usually fish in small rowboats and anything longer would just get in the way of whoever I`m fishing with. Might even be dangerous for the guy behind or in front of me lol.
Hear hear. I like the 6'6" or even a 6'. I know a guy here who uses a 7 and it's no fun hearing those lures wizzing by your ears when you're in the boat. :wink:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Was using my 6'6" then it turned/broke into a 6ft rod and the 5'6" ugly stik that's older than me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.